Tuesday 23 September 2014

Brocante discipline, you either have it or you don’t…

We called in to the brocante at Angles-sur-l’Anglin on Sunday. There were the usual stalls, although not as many as there are for the April event.

P1010357

Tim was sorely tempted, but didn’t buy this…

P1010354

P1010355

However, he is carrying my 4 Euros spend. A beautiful hand painted plate, being sold by a British couple who were selling up and going home, after seven years living near Neons-sur-Creuse. Good luck to them. I shall be very pleased to find a home for their plate.

P1010379

The weather was certainly more autumnal. Misty and cooler with some of the trees definitely on the turn.

P1010352

Autumn has arrived in the Touraine!

 

11 comments:

  1. Tim....
    I would have bought it...
    I need Haynes 2CV manual!!
    T'otherTim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he wishes that he'd bought it!
      He was last seen investigating the price on Amazon...

      Delete
    2. Re: Internet slowness...
      Hope you catch this...
      saw this this morning on Auntie Beeb:
      http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28707373
      It is much better here...
      at least we do have some reception of the internet.
      Communication would now be very difficult if it all just stopped...
      all the old services would have to be set up again.
      But it would, conversly, increase employment...

      Delete
  2. I have brocante discipline - his name is Nick.
    He elbows me away from the table when I start to look too closely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answer is to leave Nick and Tim at home and to go brocanting with me! ;o))

      Delete
    2. Great idea and the perfect solution.
      I don't see how Nick could object as he finds brocantes tedious sometimes.......and I could send him fishing!
      Must avoid buying any more ramekins though!

      Delete
  3. Great find! I love that plate – the colors and design are unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was painted in Turkey. probably a holiday souvenir.

      Delete
  4. I love it too. It was one of those purchases where I didn't hesitate to pay the asking price. I thought it was very fair so didn't try to bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brocantes too but can be very restrained. I usually have something specific in mind when I go. I bought a cute little table at the weekend needing a bit of TLC. Love the plate, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete