Saturday 8 October 2011

And we were singing, hymns and arias .......



 IRELAND 10    WALES 22
What a brilliant win for Wales. Well done to the boys.
Semi-finals here we come!
What remains to be seen at the time of posting is whether we will play France or England......... Allez les Bleus

A wonderful birthday present for me!


My friend Janet also has her birthday today, although she is a few years younger. Nevertheless I have managed to convince Y8 that she's older. Well, how else would she know so much about the Victorians unless she had lived through it!!

We're having a weekend away with our friends Anne and Steve in Milton Keynes. I'll let you know how we get on ........

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and many happy returns! Enjoy your weekend, birthday girl!!! Martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Have a lovely weekend.
    Haha much Scottish cheering chez nous..the French walloped the English. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Gaynor! Twenty one is such a good age to be, so enjoy every minute. If you've convinced Y8, you'll convince anyone!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niall and Antoinette,

    Thank you.

    And so say all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colin and Elizabeth,

    I'm very glad I'm not 21. At 55 I can access my pension, albeit at a massively reduced level.

    At least I can, until the coalition Government change the rules!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Agree completely about being glad I'm not 21 -- but maybe 21 years younger would be nice!! Yes, at 45 I had a lot more energy and tad more wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you, have a lovely birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SweetpeainFrance8 October 2011 at 17:21

    Happy Birthday to you.....May the year bring you happiness each day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Broad, Fire Byrd and Sweetpea,

    Thanks for your good wishes. I've had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete