Friday 29 July 2011

Can you follow a tree key........?

At Yzeures we decided to have a look at the river, and were walking through the park when we noticed this tree, near to the swimming pool complex …..



The closest I can get in my tree guide is an Indian Bean-tree (Catalpa bignoniodes), but the leaves, although hairy, weren’t quite the right shape.  It did have the long bean-like capsules.The leaf has dried out a bit here!


Perhaps someone will be able to identify it, although it will probably be difficult from my not such clear photographs!




4 comments:

  1. Interesting, I will be watching your comments to see what answers come forth. Have a great weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I would have said it was a Catalpa nevertheless. They are common here and do very well, and it's the right time of year for them to have beans like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Susan--think it is a catalpa tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

    ReplyDelete