Saturday 16 July 2011

Been there, done that and bought the t-shirt ...

Last Saturday was a really good day! The week at work had been busy, fraught and emotional, and I was in need of a relaxing day. Tim was at a conference so I decided to drive to Bridgemere garden centre in Cheshire, which is about 20 miles away.

I always have a good time there and bought a couple of plants. I am overrun with lavender in France but the hard winter in the UK devastated the ones in my garden. So I bought some French Stoechas (Anouk). 




  In the evening Tim, Tom and I went to the LG Arena at the NEC in Birmingham to see James Taylor in concert. More about the concert another day, but here is just a taster.

He was absolutely phenomenal - praise indeed! What do you think?

His band was made up of very accomplished musicians and singers, but for me the very best bits were when it was just James, his voice and his guitar.



The lady singing along with him is most definitely NOT me - a friend seemed to think that she sounded like me. Do you think she is trying to tell me something!!! 
I don't know who she is, but I wouldn't advise her to audition for Britain's Got Talent anytime soon. However she was obviously 'in the zone' and enjoying herself.

So, to go back to where I started... been there, done that and bought the t-shirt...


3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great way to spend a day! I love browsing around a garden centre and I can never leave without buying something!
    James sounds wonderful - lucky you seeing him live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could play this. Maybe one day I will get a better connection!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    I sympathise! Is your connection good enough for internet radio? I have a post ready to do on this topic. I have an internet radio in France, and I find it particularly useful when I am there on my own.

    ReplyDelete